DATE POSTED: 03/07/2019
POSITION TYPE: Regular Full-Time
SALARY/PAY: 15 to $20 per hour DOE
REQUIREMENTS: 18 Years of Age, Criminal Background Check, Driver's License (Valid), Drug Screen, Frequent Bending, Standing, Stooping, Twisting, and Walking, High School Diplima/ GED, Lifting 30 Pounds, Manual Dexterity For Repetitive Tasks
Perform in-process inspections during production at specified intervals, to verify conformance of product to customer specifications. Compare the part, material or product for compliance to the drawing or specifications for the purpose of making accept or reject decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify the product against the Job Order and Drawing for correct revision level and examine material or product for dimensional and cosmetic defects.
- Use measuring equipment efficiently and effectively. (Calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Maintain Inspection samples (retains), sample parts and provide them to production as needed.
- Confer with operators as needed to inform them of any discrepancies, issues or situations involving part quality during the work shift.
- Inform supervisors and operators of any non-conformance issues as they are found.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Display proficiency in blue print reading, the use of all measuring devices and operate a coordinate measuring machine. Proficient with data entry of inspection results and inspection operations into the computer. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
High school diploma or four to eight-years related inspection experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills used to enter data and maintain inspection records.
Ability to read job orders, drawings, customer specifications and quality criteria/requirements. Ability to respond to rejection findings quickly and effectively present the information to supervisors and operators.
Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, division, fractions, and percentages to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, record data, establish facts and interpret a variety of instructions in written or verbal form.
When applying for this position, include the following Job Title in your application: